THE ARBITRATION BODY OF THE ORDER OF ENGINEERS OF THE PROVINCE OF MILAN
ARBITRATION BODY: WHAT IT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
The considerable amount of time needed to resolve civil and commercial disputes through ordinary legal proceedings can drive up costs and create budgetary problems for the businesses involved. It can even make it hard for small-to-medium enterprises to survive.
In 2019, experts from the World Bank estimated that, in relation to the efficiency of the civil justice system, it takes 1,120 days to recover a commercial debt in Italy. As a result, Italy ranks 111th out of 190 countries examined.
Today, it is vital to manage disputes quickly and fairly, ensuring those judging the cases in question are specialised with technical and legal background.
At the CAM-OIM Arbitration Body, arbitration proceedings can be initiated for disputes of an Industrial, Civil and Commercial nature.
Arbitration is a means of resolving civil and commercial disputes both in Italy and abroad, offering an alternative to ordinary judicial proceedings for the above issues.
The arbitration body can be contacted to request arbitration geared towards obtaining rapid, fair judgments for any civil and commercial dispute.
WHY USE THE ARBITRATION BODY OF THE ORDER OF ENGINEERS FOR THE PROVINCE OF MILAN?
In order to satisfy the need for speed, fairness and knowhow whilst containing costs of civil and commercial trials, the Order of Engineers of Milan has made the CAM-OIM Arbitration and Mediation Body of the Order of Engineers of Milan available. Established in 2012 with a resolution passed by the board of the Order of Engineers of Milan, the professional skill of the members of the CAM-OIM Arbitration and Mediation Body of the Order of Engineers of Milan has undertaken administrated arbitration procedures since March 2014, and has run a Training Organisation since May 2015.
CAM-OIM operates in three fields:
CAM-OIM is made up of qualified Engineers experts and legal professionals.
CAM-OIM is an impartial organisation which operates in accordance with clear guidelines.
CAM-OIM guarantees its impartiality in respect of all concerned, confidential procedures and clearly defined, highly competitive fees.
The advantages of CAM-OIM’s structure:
- technical and legal experts are brought together in a single arbitration board, reducing the need to involve external experts and potentially reducing costs.
- communication and an understanding of vastly different fields, such as those of a technical and legal nature, are facilitated, making it possible reach judgments in shorter time-spans than ordinary legal proceedings; fair judgments are reached in technically complex disputes, thereby limiting conflict.
- the Register of CAM-OIM Arbitrators is made up of professionals of various kinds, including Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Lawyers and Notaries.
- the proceedings, which can sometimes involve important, commercially sensitive information, are confidential.
- CAM-OIM services can be initiated quickly via its website.
- Online consultation is available through the website prior to disputes arising
DO YOU NEED MORE INFORMATIONS?